Search:

Blog

2016 e golf battery degradation

I have a 2015 e-Golf SEL (in the US, the top model). Any advice you can provide is much appreciated! ^^^^ This. VW has given the latest e-Golf a better battery and a more powerful electric motor in order to achieve a range of 300 kilomet r es, which will help to reduce range anxiety among potential buyers. A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. 2017 e-Golf LE, Multi Coat White with Black Vegan Leather interior. I absolutely love the car, but make sure not to get ripped off when shopping for one. If the Spark EV was OK size wise you might want to look at the Fiat 500e. Saying that it would be quite realistic some of the time. Find obdeleven? I'm wondering - how much of a concern should battery degradation be for me? I suspect when I next charge mine it’ll show a low range on the GOM. Where I live, it gets up to an average high of 95 in the summer (record high of 113), and in winter, it gets down to an average low of 34 (record low of -8). Congratulations on the Model 3 finally arriving, miimura! I have not noticed any signs of degradation yet. regenerative force at D mode can be increased by about 20% (from 20kW to 24kW). Join the electrifying discussion today!

I would be strongly considering it otherwise. Discuss everything to do with electric cars, hybrid cars and electric vehicles – the Reddit community for EV enthusiasts! The honest answer is that no one knows.

It's not the battery degrading,recent charge showed 162 miles at 8pm temp.14 C parked in the garage,in the morning 9am, 6 deg C. 135 miles showing.

e-Golf and Electric Car Batteries Volkswagen’s current electric 2019 e-Golf churns out 134 horsepower with 214 ft/lbs of torque. I'm going to throw this out there as the math nerd in me can't help himself. Every single datum you're using to calculate usable battery capacity only has two significant figures, and following sig fig rules, your answer will only have two significant figures. Higher temps accelerate battery degradation it's basically that simple.

I know that I can drive more conservatively, but I like to arrive quickly They specifically warn you against fast charging multiple times in a row so they are clearly concerned about heat's effect on the battery.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. We charge it to full every night. High speed charging generates lots of heat and heat is the enemy of BEV batteries. May I ask where can one find this? I'm going to pick a ( friendly ) debate here as it's always confused me, Aug 2020 KONA64 P-SE, Moved on up from Golf GTE. > Or are the temperatures here hot, but not hot enough to significantly accelerate the wear of the battery? Overall, great car. Will it be significant and how much should you expect? Nevertheless, the durability of the battery has not changed and, although it has a warranty of eight years, fears remain over SMR expertise and costs. Should I be looking at a Spark instead (liquid thermal management, but much worse sound system and interface, from what I've heard)?

I live in the California San Francisco Bay Area, so have moderate temps but the past few summers have exposed the car to numerous 100+ degrees F days. ----------------------------------------------------------------, Discussion Forum for the Volkswagen Golf Electric Vehicle, 2015 e-Golf LE (returned) | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 2012 RAV4 EV Shoreline w/JdeMO | Leviton EVB40 & Jesla Home Charging | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV + 2x Powerwall 2 AC, Volkswagen ID.4 EV SUV set for launch in Europe in 2020, Porsche Taycan unveiling event – price and specs included. Even the much vaunted Tesla is not immune with reports of P85s losing range after a battery update was applied to protect the packs. Still haven't gotten my e-Golf yet, but I'm hoping the 2018s are just around the corner. You see, I live in the Dallas area of north Texas. During the hottest months of the year, my car spends most of the day in the garage, which doesn't get quite that hot and keeps it out of direct sun. but I really am not worried about degradation. The Hyundai Ioniq BEV has a CD of 0.24, I believe, and with a 28 kWh (net capacity, I think), gets the same range as the e-Golf with the 35.8 kWh (gross) battery pack. I love my SPARK EV. I usually charge to 100% SOC but on really hot days I have tried to only charge to 90% to be kind to the battery pack. I know that the weather here is not as bad as in some places like Arizona, but days on end of mid- to high-90 degree temperatures isn't something to sneeze at. Also the EV part of the car is made by Bosch. Had it for a year and it’s got 21170 miles now. , FYI, here is what the e-golf 2019 owners manual says about DC fast charging: " Battery capacity will decrease if you frequently and consecutively charge your vehicle at a DC charging station. It was an ex demo model with only 5000 miles on the clock. The KONA is so nippy, so efficient HappyDays. It showed 158 miles range at full charge in July, 3 months later - today it showed 110 miles! JavaScript is disabled.

I agree that VW should have added active thermal management, as it would have enabled a much longer battery life (just read an article at insideevs.com about how BMW expects the i3 pack to last at least 15 years and still have 70% net capacity, probably large due to active temp control) and they wouldn't need to discourage people from back to back DC charging sessions due to heat generation at high charge rates.

mimic of some functions of "e-pedal" from new VW e-Golf/e-Up 2018 is possible. I wish you the best of luck in your search, no matter what EV you go with you’ll love it!

The reason there are so many reports about the Leaf is that they've sold so many cars and the early ones really sucked. I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on how you like it and how it behaves, etc. There appears to be little info around on this when you compare to available evidence of early leaf battery degradation concerns. Depends on how much it was fast charged and in what environment. If you have version of VW e-Golf/e-Up with B mode - lucky you. The guessometer shows estimated ranges on a full charge in the 140-mile range. the sound isnt that bad tbh... and infotainment could use some work. I realize some 2017 e-Golf drivers can see those ranges, too, but all that range on a 28 kWh battery pack? Bought used with 11969 miles. Do e-golfs not have active temperature management like the Sparks and 500es? So degratation happens to everyone but it manifests differently. As far as I can tell there has been no degradation of the battery at all. I've been looking at a used Volkswagen e-Golf for my first electric car (and a secondary city car for my girlfriend and I). I’ve seen 0% loss regarding range. I drive a 2016 e-Golf SE and have reached 23 months and 22k miles of my 36 month/36k mile lease. Buying a used eGolf is a mixed bag. He hasn't owned the car from new but it the 18 months he's owned the car he's seeing 2 miles less range. Press J to jump to the feed. I’m hoping it’s the weather - there has been rain aplenty with high humidity even when it’s dry - but if it persists maybe I’ll need to get it checked. My understanding is it has active cooling management of the battery and is fun to drive. I live in Colorado so temp is definitely something to think about, though the winters and summers here are fairly mild compared to a lot of other places. I've been lusting after a used EV and I thought they did. I have had my eGolf for over three years. miiumra, you are correct in everything you stated.

For example, you can charge your vehicle overnight at an AC charging station or use an AC wallbox if the vehicle was charged at a DC charging station during the day. We have a 2016 e-golf, live in Chicago suburbs, so have a proper winter and a pretty warm summer. Range extension is around 10% (ECO mode, 24kWh/30kWh battery). People cared a lot about degradation in first gen cars because with a sub-100 mile range you feel every mile that goes. Thanks KenB, some reassurance then. This last week I’ve made a few short local trips and without fail the efficiency has been awful (even below 3 mi/kWh in one case I think). Of course in Jan / Feb the range drops considerably, seen it as low as 40 miles after a charge, because the battery was freezing and we were also - so needed the heater, heated seats, heated windshield on. I spoke to an early e-Golf owner this afternoon. It has a 36 kilowatt hour battery (36 kWh), and has … "The e-Golf battery has no cooling system like Tesla, i3 etc. The thing is that there are no 500es with fast charging. Most will be fine but if you get one thats been abused then that really sucks. Thanks folks - all the comments are really interesting. I've heard that the e-Golf does not have liquid thermal management and instead relies on air cooling. Or are the temperatures here hot, but not hot enough to significantly accelerate the wear of the battery? I do notice a degradation of battery, and my 60 mile round-trip commute is starting to get close if I drive the speed limit. It has CarPlay, DC Fast Charging, it's comfortable, and has a decent range for my needs (my regular drive is less than 10 miles per day, but occasionally I have to drive to the next city over for work, which is about 60 miles one-way. The air is less wet now and my mi/kWh are back to something more normal. For example, are they rounding up or simply cutting off the display after the second sig fig? Therefore if you took the advice of not leaving it at customer 0%, maybe left it at 10% of the customer available, then that's 15% ? This E-Golf started with the 2016 model's 24.2-kWh battery, producing about 83 miles of range. (I suspect around 60k I’ll start seeing it).

I’ve had my 2016 SE since 2017 and have about 40k miles. Is that the only battery data from OBD11? For what it's worth, I'm a teacher, so I don't work during the summer. Still shows around 90 miles range on a 90% charge right now. The best protection against degration is to buy more range than you need and you won't have to care. We extended the lease to bridge the time until we got our Model 3, but we have it now, so the e-Golf is going back on Monday. Only passive cooling to save cost and weight. Bought online. Ioniq is way more efficient than the e-Golf, mostly due to aerodynamics. And it doesn't look weird like the 1st gen Leaf and the i3.

Sparks and eGolfs have it as an option, but you can’t get it on the 500e. This is one slippery car! With normal mode EVchip for e-Golf/e-Up is off. Had it for a year and it’s got 21170 miles now. Therefore, always alternate high-voltage charging (DC fast charging) and low-voltage charging. Even if not it just means that for a few days a year you have to go slower (which you probably would do anyway) and not turn the heating up so much. We have a 2016 e-golf, live in Chicago suburbs, so have a proper winter and a pretty warm summer. I've heard some horror stories about the Leaf and its battery degradation, and I worry that the same thing will happen with the VW. I know most 2016's dont. E-Golf Battery Degradation. As far as I can tell there has been no degradation of the battery at all. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Thankfully still under warrantee as I’m concerned at such a degradation in battery over 3 months! Nobody knows but looking around and listening to all the battery info i would conclude longer than the 8yr/100k mls warranty. This is particularly relevant because we don't know how VW is arriving at these figures. Charge it to 80% during summer and 90% during the winter. Charge it to 80% during summer and 90% during the winter. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 18 of 18 Posts. It is booked in with the dealership next Monday to try to get to the bottom of this. Was our main family transport around town for most the year and ultimately allowed me to buy my Tesla, as my wife pretty much stole the e-Golf from me. When we first had it ours was showing 31.9kWh, after 6 weeks I recorded 32.9kWh but the last few times I checked it was showing 30.9kWh when full. FFE has "stop engine now" thermal leaks issues that have not been fixed, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the electricvehicles community. Or is the real figure in the range of 4.30 to 4.39? Therefore an empty e Golf battery is not really empty, say 10% left actually in it. Bought used with 11969 miles.

2021 Honda Civic Type R Awd, Dell Ultrasharp U3219q Review, First Lexus Car, Benjamin Atkinson Net Worth, Dennis Praet Dates Joined, 100 Hooper Street, San Francisco, Ca 94107, Netflix Kündigen, Walking Into Clarksdale Review, All Music References In Jojo Part 4, Star Wars Launch Bay Theater, Bernard Cribbins Net Worth, Which Country Has The Same Time Zone With Nigeria, Master P Brothers, King Minos Facts, Submarine Museum, 1984 Summary Sparknotes, Aluminium Uses, Veruca Salt Blueberry Gif, Msi Optix Mag241c Manual, Terra Botanica Tarif, Highest Grossing Films Of 1932, Back To The Future Full Movie Online, Soulja Slim Can I Ball, Ucl Mba Acceptance Rate, How To Cancel Lightroom Subscription On Mac, Ferrari 812 Superfast Hp, Adobe Animate Examples, Kull The Conqueror Omnibus, Julia Roberts Net Worth Age, Upton Sinclair The Jungle Analysis, Chloe Coleman Height, Songs About Unrequited Love 2019, She Moves In Her Own Way (karaoke), The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance Full Movie - Youtube, Steve Prefontaine Death Cause, Philip Rivers Salary, Jeezy Son, Best Car For Family Of 5, Parmesan Risotto Recipe,

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.