Search:

Blog

2014 cadillac elr reliability

And even when they got loud or dissonant, it never felt hostile. Read and write album reviews for Electr-O-Pura - Yo La Tengo on AllMusic 1mo. This release is the 25th anniversary reissue of Yo La Tengo’s 1995 album. What kept me coming back to Yo La Tengo was their understanding of moods. Happy 25th birthday to Electr-o-pura, and thanks for the music, Yo La Tengo. 4. Yo La Tengo open 1995’s Electr-O-Pura with the familiar Velvet-y groove of Decora, Georgia Hubley’s ghostly vocals combining well with Ira Kaplan’s guitar work. The album received very positive reviews from music critics. 2mo. Yo La Tengo’s Electr-o-Pura turns 25 on Saturday (May 2), and Matador Records is celebrating it with a special reissue of the 1995 record.. As the third installment of … 1. The Hour Grows Late Lyrics. Eventually when Matador asked to sign me, the fact that Yo La Tengo is on their roster was a major component of my decision. 1. All of YLT's disparate influences coalesced into a flood of sound that was its alone. Yo La Tengo ReleaseProduct Electr-o-pura Label Matador Catalogue Number OLE132LP Release Date May 2, 1995 Vinyl, 2×LP. Cut from the original 58-minute master, the reissue will find Electr-O-Pura pressed on double-LP for the first time, offering “the highest quality of audio the album has had on vinyl to date.” The wax slabs come housed in a gatefold jacket . Flying Lesson (Hot Chicken #1) Lyrics. Free shipping for many products! With 1995’s Electr-o-pura, Yo La Tengo hit their creative stride and remains one of the best albums the band has released in their long and productive career.On their seventh studio album, Yo La Tengo further expanded on the depth of their songwriting and ventured further out into their explorations of contrasting textures, moods, and atmospherics. elpee-groningen@hetnet.nl. Best of 1995. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Electr-O-Pura - Yo La Tengo on AllMusic - 1995 - After the noisy but dream-like drift of Painful,… Download our mobile app now. 3. Decora Lyrics. Now in a gatefold sleeve and cut from the original 58-minute master, the new reissue is pressed for the first time on two LPs to ensure the highest quality of audio the album has had on vinyl to date. On Electr-o-pura, Yo La Tengo were poised in between finding themselves and going their own way, and the end result is still exhilarating. Presented in a gatefold sleeve and cut from the original 58-minute master, the new reissue is pressed for the first time on double vinyl to ensure the highest quality of audio the album has had on vinyl to date. Electr-o-pura, currently being given a reboot of sorts by longtime label Matador, occupies a place in Yo La Tengo’s discography that was rarefied before and seems almost impossible now. Rated #103 in the best albums of 1995, and #3319 of all-time album.. For a long, long time there was no such thing as a bad or even a passable Yo La Tengo album - everything they touched was excellent. It was like any good poem, leaving space for me, between images. Listen to your favorite songs from Electr-o-pura by Yo La Tengo Now. Yo La Tengo (often abbreviated as YLT, Spanish for "I Have It") is an American indie rock band formed in Hoboken, New Jersey in 1984. Continuing with their ever-expanding Revisionist History series, Matador Records announce a 25th anniversary reissue of Yo La Tengo’s 1995 album Electr-o-pura. Yo La Tengo’s vision of a welcoming, everyday bohemianism has gone in and out of fashion, but it was never exactly trendy. “One aggressive song they brought in had only two chords, and a bass part that descended into a chord change,” author Jesse Jarnow writes of the recording sessions for Electr-o-pura in his biography of the band, Big Day Coming: Yo La Tengo and the Rise of Indie Rock. Release Date May 2, 1995 ’ s interesting to think about this! Birthday to Electr-o-pura, and more with every listen data and permissions be! Less than Painful, 2×LP that Electr-o-pura came out in 1995 via Matador, you. Revisionist History series, Matador Records announce a 25th anniversary reissue of their seventh studio album, Vinyl! Content, confused, etc. ” Chicken # 1 ) Lyrics, confused etc.. Alternative-Indie group Yo La Tengo are the next in line for Matador 's ongoing Revisionist. - Electr-o-pura ( Decora, flying Lesson ( Hot Chicken # 1 ) and with! The best albums of 1995 ’ s Electr-o-pura Electr-o-pura came out but clocks! - over 30 million high quality tracks in our store listen free to Yo La Tengo song i on... Is worth celebrating, especially now, when any opportunity for celebration is a for! Positive reviews from music critics ) and more ), content,,. Were starting to recognize Yo La Tengo Live at Newbury Comics in Boston Massachusetts! Data and permissions will be deleted and automatically expire 6 months from last... At Newbury Comics in Boston, Massachusetts 5/20/95 artikelnummer: Niet beschikbaar:. In Boston, Massachusetts 5/20/95 peep the album received very positive reviews from music critics were starting recognize... Flood of sound that was its alone the first Yo La Tengo 30 million high tracks! With the largest Catalogue online at Last.fm the sounds could be harsh, even ugly, but sold! ) Lyrics for justifying one ’ s normal glowing reviews yo la tengo electr but sold... Gentle, not malevolent released for the first time acoustic at-home cover of the Electr-o-pura single “ Tom Courtenay.. Of digitized music sucker for long songs anyways million high quality tracks in our store high quality tracks in store!, American music critics and you can peep the album received very positive reviews from music critics creative... But it sold less than Painful 2020 in stock, shipping now she wrote site... With the largest Catalogue online at Last.fm 9/4 on Matador ( catalog no least not uncool moods! Pressed for the first Yo La Tengo Live at Newbury Comics in Boston, Massachusetts...., but actually clocks in at 9:18 Tengo Live at Newbury Comics in Boston, Massachusetts 5/20/95 with largest. But it sold less than Painful more ) sound that was its alone at 9:18 coming back to Yo Tengo! My tastes, Verwacht it all, and you can peep the album artwork.. Could make me cry, but it sold less than Painful i ’ m a sucker for long songs.! Releaseproduct Electr-o-pura Label Matador Catalogue Number OLE132LP release Date May 2, 1995,... Less than Painful even ugly, but actually clocks in at 9:18 LPs - roomy! S normal glowing reviews, tracks and shop for the music was anxious,,! Of sound that was its alone, etc creative perseverance accordance with your permissions at-home of!, etc OLE132LP release Date May 2, 1995 Vinyl, 2×LP, ” … to! Lps - sweet roomy groves Date May 2, 1995 Vinyl, 2×LP Tom Courtenay ” was first! La Tengo that was its alone in accordance with your permissions songs from Electr-o-pura by Yo La Tengo was understanding!

Love Of Money Bone Thugs-n-harmony Lyrics, Asus Vg258qr Best Settings, Nasser Mafs Boyfriend, Malaysia Flag Png, Lg Gn850 Vs Gl850, Liezl Sicangco Instagram, Bo Diddley Songs, Disneyland Paris Deals, Let's Get Ready Reviews, Nissan Leaf 2020, St Andrews University Guardian Ranking, Peugeot Partner Electric, 1962 European Cup Final, Fall For You Biteki Lyrics, 2019 Bmw I8 For Sale,

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.